Theme: Points of the compass
Points of the compass
The wind, the region,
the confidence of success
the rudder, the noise, the music
the come down, the arrival.
The direction where you come from
Or where you are going.
The wind pushes, sometimes unpredictable
Be inpired by the theme: points of compass.
Submission deadline: October 1, 2019
In 2020, under the responsibility of the Foundation for Textile Information and Documentation Centre (STIDOC), the 6th edition of the Textile Festival will be organised in cooperation with Kantfabriek, Landelijke Organisatie Kant Kunst Nederland (LOKK), Merkwaardig Vereniging Liefhebbers Merklappen, Quiltersgilde, Vrouwen van Nu network textile, Vilt kontaktgroup and Weefnetwerk (WNW).
The submissions to the juried competition will be displayed at the Textile Festival 2020 from May 13 until May 16, 2020 in the Pieterskerk in Leiden.
Competition Rules International textile competition 2020
- Every participant may submit one piece of work that has not been exhibited before.
- The theme is Points of the compass.
- All textile techniques are permitted, choice of material is free.
- Maximum format is: two-dimensional 50 x 50 cm (20 x 20 inches) or 200 cm (80 inches) circumference including finishing, and maximum 10 cm (4 inches) relief. three-dimensional 35 x 35 x 35 cm (14 x 14 x 14 inches) including finishing.
- Only original work of your own design may be submitted.
You may register by submitting a complete portfolio consisting of:
- A signed registration form.
- 1 digital photo of the complete piece of work, stating the title of the work
- 1 digital photo of a detail of the work, stating the title of the work
- Registrations must be received by October 1, 2019 (post-marked)
- Send the portfolio to: STIDOC firstname.lastname@example.org
- Images may be send via We Transfer or other service.
- The portfolios remain property of the organizers.
- Selected pieces of work may be photographed by the organization.
- Photos may be used for publication purposes.
- The submittor safeguards the organisation from copyright claims by third parties.
- Participations in the competition means that you agree with the terms and conditions.
- The first judging round, november 2019, is based on the photos.
- The second judging round, february 2020, is based on the work itself.
- The expert jury is arranged by STIDOC.
- The jury’s decision is binding.
- The submitted work will be included on a cd-rom and used for publicity purposes.
The following prizes will be awarded:
- 1st prize € 250,00
- 2nd prize € 150,00
- 3rd prize € 100,00
- Public Choice Award
- The selected work will be made available for the exposition at the Textile Festival 2020 in Leiden.
- The organisers will determine the arrangement of the exposition of selected works.
- Transportation of the work to and from is on account and risk of the participants. Costums formalities are on account of the participant.
- During the exposition, the work will be insured to a maximum of € 3.000,- for common risks of damage and theft with
a deductable of € 200,-.
Information and contact
- STIDOC email@example.com www.textielfestival.nl